Video ringtones in vWallpaper 2 is here

Hi,

Closed test are over.
Thanks for reporting.

Changelog:
– Fixed problem between away video and video ringtone (not perfect for transition ATM but works).
– You can see the preview of video when you select it (ugly useful) in main GUI.

Enjoy

This entry was posted in vWallpaper. Bookmark the permalink.

97 Responses to Video ringtones in vWallpaper 2 is here

1. Manuele says:

Hi,it works on ipad??

2. wendy says:

woooo !! =))

3. Nick R says:

I think this may be a bug?
    When vWallpaper is installed and I have a video as my background I can’t record any videos. I can take pictures but no video. Is there any advise someone could give me? Thanks!

Ps. I know it’s vwallpaper because I uninstalled it and I could record video again.

4. Bilouga says:

Fun

5. It very nice vwalpaper

6. Enes says:

Hi, how can i use panorama and ripple effect together?

7. You guys rock the absolute best videos out here love Em. Thanks. !!!!!! darin

8. George says:

I have vwallpaper installed, but when I open it , it says beta has expired. Please update. Please help!!!

9. Yasser says:

NOW IS BETA EXPIRED…PLEASE HELP….

10. Cindy says:

Verry nice and un belivable

11. Yournamehere004 says:

Ive been waiting so long for vtones for 5.0.1 and now that it’s here I don’t know how to use it. Enabled in global settings but I don’t get anything at all. I dont want to use it as wallpaper or any vwallpaper for that matter. I downloaded a video with protube, trimmed and converted to mov with imovie and used ifile to copy to the proper directory mentioned above but no dice. Can someone explain exactly which options need to be ticked for this to work.

@spencer u said you gotta choose the name of the contact, but how do you do that? I don’t see any options. Please help! Running iOS 5.0.1 on iPhone 4s if that matters.

12. Josh says:

When I use a made vtone where my decline awnser button is you see what I was working on or my wallpaper . Anyway to adjust it ?

13. Ritesh says:

I used own video for videotone. I can not see the complete video on iphone screen. I want to know the size of the video, so I can see complete video on screen.

14. toineenzo says:

Where can i download it? Repo?

15. Joseph says:

Would be great if you could move vWallpaper 1 which is much easier to use to iOS 5. I’m still using iOS 4 now because vWallpaper 1 is much simple to use and easy to understand. Tried vWallpaper 2 on iOS 5 but it’s kinda complicated. 🙁

16. Ty says:

Got a problem were it resprings every time I unlock my phone. Worked fine for a few days then started going to safe mode deleted what ever I could still doing the samething. Anyone can give me a little help I would thankful.

17. Joe says:

bug??
    when videoringtone is used with a bluetooth headset, there is no sound, not even the generic ringtone, on the headset. So basicly when the phone is out of sight and/or on vibrate, there is no way of telling if a call is coming in. Is there anyway to have the generic ringtone back on a bluetooth headset when using the videoringtone?

18. APlus says:

I’ve done everything to get this working but no luck. And I don’t see a single tutorial on how to set this up. I’ve restored and tried everything but when my phone rings all I get is a black screen with my original ringtone it won’t play my video. Can anyone help with this?

19. Kiro says:

Im having issue with looping video on the home screen, my video doesn’t loop in home screen, and other some video does, is there anything wrong with my video?

20. Alexander says:

Awesome work man! I appreciate what you’ve done. I managed to make a video on my own and now i enjoy a nice video ringtone!

21. jiayange says:

@Nekcik
    每次运行其他app 后 ,springboard video 会改成播放lockscreen video,播放一次后变成黑屏 。

if setup springboard video and lockscreen video.
    The springboad will play lockscreen video then backgroud will change to black when i exit other app.

Leonidad says:
    2012/03/10 at 3:08 am
    Hi I noticed that it you open Notification Centre and then close it the Vwallpaper goes black when returned to springboard. If you in an app an go in to Notification Centre then out of the app to springboard and the video wallpaper would be running, but even then it would be the lockscreen video playing not the set springboard video. Will there be any major performance improvements to be released? And can any of these issues be looked in to?

22. Nekcik says:

@jiayange I appreciate you trying to type in English but I am having a hard time figuring out exactly what the problem is. Could you please type your problem out in your native language and I will see if Google translate can help. If not maybe someone else who speaks your language can translate it for us. Then I can try (and hopefully) to fix your problem.

23. G says:

Thanks Amedaias I will try that.

24. Amedaias says:

@Boogs 23
    try to restore and rejailbreak ur iPhone, after u rejailbreak install this app for the first time just directly install from Cydia don’t install even ssh, it happened to me before and I did this and it worked nicely now 🙂

25. Ronimo says:

Every time I try to open vwallpaper2 it says beta expired please update how do I do that

26. Nick says:

If the phone locks with an app open and onscreen the lockscreen video will play once after unlock then black.

Volume buttons only affect video ringtone, still have to go to settings menu to change other volumes (alarm, sms, etc)

27. jiayange says:

@Leonidad @Nekcik @Spencer
    Hi ,i have a same bug with @Leonidad .if in to an app(telphone),press home exit it ,the springboard video will be change to lockscreen video ,and its play 1 times cant replay ,then it change black.
    help plz,thanks.
    English is poor……

28. Boogs 23 says:

I have a IPhone 4s running on iOS 5.0.1. My spring board keeps crashing. Can someone let
    me kno why? I have Springtomize. Is that the problem? Thanks..

29. amedaias says:

to G

yes u can, convert ur video to .mp4 or .mov

and put in /var/mobile/media/vwallpaper/videoringtone/

for wallpaper put in /var/mobile/media/vwallpaper/videos/

thx a lot skrew

30. G says:

To Eg
    Once updated go to global settings I found it in there

31. Eg says:

Can somebody show me how to find video ringtone options? It’s the only thing I can’t use, the rest are great! Help pls. Thanks

32. G says:

Does anybody know if you can use your own videos for video ringtone or is it downloading only?

33. Dubravko says:

Help… Help… Help… Anybody know how to get the Video Ringtone to work? I did already enable/switch on the Video Ringtone option under Global Setting there yet it neither any Video for me to selct nor any selection for download for more video… Even when I tried to put my video from the previous version I created still I didn’t see it appears on the video seletion there… Wondered am I the only one facing this issue/problem… Anyone know how to fix it?

34. Spencer says:

@Steve, when something is plugged into the auxiliary port such as a earphones, it bypasses the phone speaker… Normal iPhone behavior.

35. Steve says:

Issue report:
    For video ringtone, when using ear phone, sound come out from the ear phone only but not on phone speaker. As normal behavior, sound should come out from both ear phone and phone speaker. Can this problem to be adjusted?
    Many thanks.

36. Spencer says:

@Ray, in order to have the video ringtone activated, you must choose the persons name who you want it to activate on. Let’s say “mark” calls you it will show up, but it won’t show up for anyone else. I know it’s dumb 🙁

@Skrew, can you make a “Select All/Deselect All” button?

Thanks!

37. 3lacksky says:

BUG:
    If I set an Video as Lockscreen Video Wallpaper then it is also as Home Screen vWallpaper 🙁

38. Ray says:

Finaly got vwallpaper running on ios 5.0.1 without my springboard getting crashed.

The only thing i cant figure out is how to select a video ringtone.
    I selected it but nothing happend when i recieved a call. I just saw a wallpaper of the video i use on my springboard.

Does anyone knows what to do?

39. MrNiceGuy says:

I make my own videos and i have about 75 of the latest videos out..and i wanted to know if anyone knows if it possible to get them to skrew so he can add them to his repo for everyone to download..

40. anime007 says:

picking png files in particles per page still sending it to safe mode. is it possible to create a separate perpage catagory for static wallpapers only?

41. Noob says:

Okay so how do I get a video as a ringtone email keymojax@aol.com or rely back here

I enabled the switch in global setting and ….there’s nothing else there.

42. Loganh06 says:

Works great, however when I use the remove background app in the sbs settings drop down menu, it causes springboard to crash

43. Nekcik says:

@Leonidad seems to be a issue with IntelliscreenX If you remove the Vwallpaper video on lockscreen the problem will go away. If you really want the lockscreen video wallpaper then you have to get rid of intelliscreenX. Hope that helps.

44. Spencer says:

Make it Nasty – Tyga > VRingtone

45. Leonidad says:

46. Spencer says:

Figured it out. Finally. If you phone will boot into safe mode, open vwallpaper 2 once in safe mode. > Manage Theme > Video=off. Have fun!@@%*&@

47. Nekcik says:

Sounds like your having a memory issue. I have Vwallpaper installed and have never seen a reboot into safe mode. Maybe it’s caused by another app you have installed.

48. Spencer says:

Any idea what some of the causes are that makes your device constantly boot into safemode?